Thursday 3 October 2013

NaNoWriMo project... Hollow Hill

This morning I got my inspiration for National Novel Writing Month. I was thinking about some boards I have on my Pintrest, and these were the ones that came to mind:

From the Dishonored: Brigmore Witches DLC

British MP's circa 1940
Day Watch Twilight by Pavel Lagutin
The Dragon Slayer by Mr. Ripley

So this is the loose concept that I came up with a few minutes later:

Derek Areios and his brother Liam aren't your average witch hunters- mostly because they're witches themselves. But the Neo Inquisition employs them for three reasons: They can do the jobs no one else can do, they're good at what their jobs, and they stopped their psychotic father from destroying the world.

Their lives get even more difficult when beautiful, mysterious Selena Kynthian shows up at their door, begging for their help. She's seen the rise of a powerful new witch named Lilith, and is desperate to escape now that an infamous witch hunter called The Mercenary is after her.

But as Derek and Liam struggle to find out what Selena knows, they soon realize that the danger is beginning to hit too close to home, and that their past might not be finished with them yet...


I spent pretty much all day working on the storyline and getting myself familiar with the universe. I think I've come up with some really great stuff and am looking forward to writing Derek, Liam, and Selena. I've managed to incorporate some Greek mythology (which you'll see, if you know your epithets), some wicked powers, and what will hopefully be a really compelling world.

I've got a couple more days before I'm gone for my vacation, so the next two days will be all Cursed work. I want to get as much of that done as I can, but while I'm flying down I'm going to finish the storyline for Hollow Hill and finalize the world so it's ready to go for November. If you were wondering, I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to make this a series or not. I can, definitely, but that will all depend on how well it's received. While I know I'm going to have fun writing the story, I haven't decided if I want to start up a whole other project with so much to do in my Cursed series. Time will tell...

Feel free to check out my Hollow Hill Pintrest board, which will be updated as I progress with the story. As far as posting chapters and snippets, those will likely come in November once NaNoWriMo starts. I don't want to get ahead of anyone else.

Thank God for random inspiration!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment