Thursday 1 May 2014

Upcoming Blog Series: Blood Moon

With a new month and spring officially on its way for Canada (knock on wood), I figure it would be the perfect time to start a new project for myself and the blog. And so, I give you Blood Moon, a series of short stories that will play out like a monthly TV series. So at the beginning of every month, I'll release a story set in this new modern universe where every body has a big bad secret.

Blood Moon will be told from five different perspectives, though the main characters will cross paths with one another more than once. At the time of this post, I have two stories fully written and nearly completed their edits, as well as about 15 more brief synopsis for the entire series. I'll have enough going to keep Blood Moon going for a while, so don't worry there.

I decided to start this series for a couple reasons. One, I loved the first story I wrote for it. I sent it in as an anthology submission and while it was rejected, I couldn't let it go. I wanted to use the character more, create a new world, but I didn't want to invest all my time in another full length series when I have so many other ones I want to write. So what better than a short series to put them all in?

The second reason was that I took the advice a friend of mine gave: Short stories keep you sharp. Having completed four full length novels and multiple shorts, I can say without a doubt that he was right. People who read my blog and follow me on Twitter regularly will know that I have a major passion for shorts stories. They help me focus on how to get my point across without drowning it in needless exposition. So if there are any newbie authors reading this, start with short stories. They're a lot of fun, and will help you a lot more than you think.

I'm really excited about this project and hope you all like it. Stay tuned for the first story– it's coming soon!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment