Thursday 31 July 2014

Cursed: Demon's Daughter Chapters 12 and 13

Two more chapters of Cursed: Demon's Daughter are ready to read! Things are getting intense from here on out!

In chapter 12, Constance and Dro learn more about the supernatural, and Dro has doubts.

In chapter 13, Constance learns more about Warrick, until demons appear with a horrible surprise.

- - -



- - -

I loved building the mythology for chapter 12. I spent a lot of time reading about different forms of possession and demonic hierarchies and mixing in my own ideas. Research is so much easier when you're actually interested in the subject. Another favorite part of this chapter for me was adding a little more back story to Sephiel. He's one of my favorite characters in the series, and I love the history I wrote for him, which is revealed more in Dark Divinity. Lastly, of all the flashbacks in this story, the one with Dro, Constance, and Isabel is a point of pride. It shows how that even as a child, Constance was wary of anyone looking at her sister wrong, ready to defend her even when she didn't know how to fight as well as she does in her adulthood.

As for chapter 13, it's another one of my favorites. It didn't take me long to write since the action scenes just seemed to flow from my brain to my fingertips to the keyboard. The Shredder didn't take a lot of thought because they had already been in the original Cursed. The ending scene with Drake felt like a nasty twist, which I hate to love as a reader. Knowing I've put other readers in the same position brings an evil smile to my face.

Anyway, this is what's going on in the Cursed world right now. I hope you enjoyed these latest chapters, and trust me when I say it's only going to get more intense.

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment