Sunday 7 December 2014

Sunday Snippet

In keeping with my promise and participation of the Weekend Writing Warriors aka #8Sunday, here's my snippet from Dark Fury, my fourth Areios Brothers novel. I'm not working on anything else at the moment, waiting to hear back on edits for Path of the Horseman, and waiting to see the actual cover art I'm having made, which should hopefully be sent to me by the end of next week. So without further ado, here's my snippet!

A little background info: This scene takes place near the beginning, and is the only part I could find that didn't directly link to the previous stories (I don't like giving out spoilers unless I'm reviewing), save Hollow Hill, which you can read chapters of here on my blog, or fully on Figment and Authonomy

---


         And for two hours, everything was perfect. Liam’s tension was forgotten, and Selena was laughing for the first time since the Argotera mess. Even I couldn’t find a reason to be broody or edgy.
         At least not until she walked in.
         I was sitting in the middle of the booth between Liam and Selena so I could see the rest of the restaurant clearly. When she walked through the door, I thought I was seeing a ghost. I had killed someone just like her three months ago right after she murdered my friend, tortured my brother, and tried to kill me. I had watched Charon himself take her soul to Hades’ realm.

---

If you've read any of Hollow Hill, don't worry– it's not who you think it is, I promise. I've been wanting to write this story for a long, long time (about as long as I began thinking about Derek and Liam's adventures, to be honest), and I can't wait to see how it all pans out. Don't forget to check out the other WeWriWa author sites/blogs and give them some love. If you're a Twitter fanatic, look for the following tag to follow more: #8Sunday.

Have a great remainder of your weekend!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment