Saturday 31 January 2015

Monthly Goals: February

Last month was a great month with tons of excitement and accomplished goals, ranging from fully edited and completed works, to the exciting release of Secret Suicide, my short story in the That Hoodoo, Voodoo, That You Do, to my Q&A with AReCafe.

Some exciting releases are coming up this month! My short story, Lost Sky, will be released in Mocha Memoirs' steampunk anthology, Avast, Ye Airships! Along with this will come blog posts and hops, as well as press releases and interviews. I'm really excited about this project, and more than that, I'm thrilled to be releasing my first full length novel, Path of the Horseman. The release date is still set for February 24, and I don't think that will be changing. I'm going to be looking into marketing techniques and methods of promoting the book, which I'm super proud of. Hopefully it will be well received!

With all my open submissions completed for now, I'll be focusing on larger projects, such as the second installment of my Dark Sky trilogy– Midnight Sky. As it's the project that's currently occupying my time, I'll have a snippet posted on Sunday.

I'm also re-plotting the first novel in the Areios Brothers series, Hollow Hill. It's a bit of an arduous project, but I think it will mostly stay the same aside from circumstances and an overarching theme, but that definitely doesn't mean it will be done over night. That being said, it's definitely showing signs of improvement.

But before I can get back to my beloved Areios Brothers, I'm going to work on my Bond novella for April Moon Books. My idea has been approved and I know what will be expected of me, but I still have to read the Ian Fleming novel I bought for research, Live And Let Die. I know this will be a challenge for me– I have to write in third person, which if you can tell by now, is not my forte– but I know that participating will be a huge step for me. It will be a challenge, but I'm not about to back down. It will be fun to write a spy thriller filled with mad scientists, sexy ladies, and blood-drinking monsters. 007 will have his work cut out for him, I can promise you that.

I've been on a crazy good streak lately, and am determined to keep it up following that painful slump I had not to long ago. Things seem to be looking up, and I'd like to keep them that way for as long as I can. I hope everyone else has a great month!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment