Monday 2 November 2015

Blood Moon: Heartsick Howl

First of all, I do realize that I missed my review post this week, and that the monthly Blood Moon post is behind schedule. Long story short, it's been a crazy week in my writing life, but I'm getting back into my writing groove, I think. So, without further adieu, here's the next chapter in the Blood Moon series!

After months of being separated and facing their own trials and dangers, Skylar has finally reunited with Damon. Since his duty to the Council requires him to leave to finally stop Quentin Troy, Skylar knows her time with Damon is short again, and is determined to make the most of it before he goes on a mission that will threaten his life.

As the days go by without word of the Council's progress, Skylar begins to fear the worst– that Quentin has discovered the ambush and captured Damon. Or worse. Determined not to lose him again, she turns to her allies to persuade them to begin a rescue mission. But the help of Skylar's friends won't be enough. They're going to need an army to face Quentin Troy, which will force them to make a deal with their enemies...




Compared to the rest of the Blood Moon short stories, there's not a lot of action to this one. I tried to think of a fight scene to come up with, but every excuse I had seemed a little forced. I thought it might make sense to take a break from the fistfights and work on different challenges– such as bringing Skylar and Damon together for the first time in a loooooong time, and to work toward the end of the series.

Which brings me to this point: I don't have a lot more in the Blood Moon series to do. I have around three more shorts to write and then the series will be completely finished. It'll be nice to have it wrapped up after so long, but at the same time, I'll miss it a little, I think. Whether or not I take the series to be independently published is up for debate, but anything could happen.

For now, I hope you enjoyed the story and the breather I finally allowed. I know I certainly did, and even though there weren't any epic throw downs, I had a lot of fun with this story. Leave some comments if you liked what you read! 

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment