Thursday 21 January 2016

Progress Report (AKA Lots of Editing and Promo Sites)

Ever have one of those moments where you regret sending a bunch of projects out all at once and having them all come back at the same time when you're not ready to do that? Well, that's been the last couple of days for me. Don't get me wrong– I'm super excited to have the next batch of edits for Damnation's Door, the third and final Cursed novel, set for release in June, and I'm very happy about the return of the Beta edits for Midnight Sky, the second Dark Sky novel set for release in August, but both of them have a lot of work ahead, and I still have two short stories to write and submit, plus Storm Born to edit (multiple times), and release in May.

So I'm just a little busy right now.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I'll be wrapping up my current work in progress, the third Areios Brothers novel today or tomorrow, depending on the amount of work I have at my Real Job. The series is going to change again (not massively, but enough that I'll have a lot of editing to do when I come back to it), but they're needed changes that I know will make it better.

More exciting is knowing that in less than two weeks, Crimson Sky will be released!


I'm doing everything I can to make this a larger release than I have with my other novels, mostly by constantly emailing and signing up for reviewer mailing lists, most of which I've found here on Awesome Gang. I also recently signed up for BookWorks, which will hopefully be another big step forward. I have at least three lists of websites to check out/sign up for to expand my reader/reviewer reach, which means I need at least a single day to dedicate to promotion. Not what I like to do with my free time, but it's necessary, and at least I can do it while I'm watching Supernatural.

I've got a good feeling about Crimson Sky and the Dark Sky series in general. I've heard great things from reviewers and fellow authors, which is more encouraging than I can ever say (you know who you are, so thank you!). I even managed to snag a few pre-orders (which you can still get on Kindle, Kobo, Smashwords, Nook, and Goodreads), which is mega-awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Sky-Dark-Novel-ebook/dp/B019TQ0CT4

So while I have a ton of work ahead of me, I'm very, very eager to see where it all goes. It will be so nice to cross off so many projects within the next month or so. My To Do List is in a smaller notebook now, and I can't wait see it get smaller!

Hope everyone has a great week, and if you're in eastern Canada/USA, take care against all that insane snow and cold! Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment