Monday 1 February 2016

Monthly Goals: February

Janruary is over. Already. Seriously. I spent a lot of it promoting my new book, Crimson Sky, part of my new Dark Sky series (more on that soon) with fan art and new websites that will hopefully get me a few more readers. A couple weeks ago I also received the edits for Damnation's Door, the last novel in the Cursed trilogy, and the Beta edits for Midnight Sky, the second book in the Dark Sky seriesMidnight Sky still needs some work, but the release date isn't until August, which means I have loads of time.

However, February will be a very busy month. First and foremost, I have to celebrate my latest release Crimson Sky!

http://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Sky-Dark-Novel-ebook/dp/B019TQ0CT4

They’re always watching. They’re always waiting. They’re always starving…

Ten years ago, the sky shattered and the Hellions emerged. No one was able to keep them from destroying the city of Westraven. Now that the bloodthirsty monsters rule the skies and have forced the few remaining humans underground, Claire Abernathy lives in a nightmare. She survives by using her skills as an engineer for a ruthless tyrant connected to her mother and father’s past failure.

Then Claire’s world is torn apart when her sister Abby is kidnapped by the Hellions, and Claire herself is taken by dangerous sky pirates known as marauders. But Claire will not be intimidated by them while her sister’s life hangs by a thread, and so she strikes a deal with them: If they help rescue Abby, she will fix their ship and give them the chance to take the revenge they desperately seek.

As Claire fights for her sister’s life, she begins to realize that the Hellions are not the only dangers she’ll face. Burdensome secrets and devastating betrayals threaten her at every turn, and if she loses herself to them, it won’t just be her life that is destroyed…
 


***

A full set of links will go up tomorrow when the book is released in paperback and ebook, but you still have a chance to pre-order it on Kindle, Kobo, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, and Goodreads. This month will mostly revolve around promotion, and I already have a couple spotlights on websites like Princess of the Light and One Book Two. I'll also have a bunch of giveaways spread out over the next month or two, starting with one on Goodreads, so be on the lookout for those.

https://www.instagram.com/amybraunauthor/
You know you want one!

While Crimson Sky will be my primary focus over the next month, it'll by no means be the only one. The edits for Damnation's Door are completed, which means I'll have to do the formatting next. I also want to finish the Beta edits for Midnight Sky, which I want to have done so I can send them to my editor once she returns my standalone novel, Storm Born, to me. I like to have a steady work pace when it comes to writing.

As far as new work goes, my next project will be a short Dark Sky prequel for the Mocha Memoirs Steampunk Horror anthology. I have a pretty fun idea and can't wait to test it out.

Speaking of ideas to test out, I might have just come up with the solution to my Areios Brothers problem, meaning I know how to change the series enough that it works as a narrative without re-writing the whole series again and pulling out my hair in the process. That will mean a few massive re-writes of course, but it's better than starting everything all over again. Hence, why Derek and Liam's adventures are at the bottom of this month's list.

So yeah, February's going to be crazy. I want to say that all my free time will be nothing but new words and editing... but Deadpool comes out next week, and I can't say no to Deadpool.


So that's my month! I hope everyone has a good one, and that you have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your special someone (if you celebrate that kind of thing). Stay tuned for more!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete